- 11th Mar – Brunel to Eden –FULL
- 17/18th March ‘Sweet Thames’ – The Thames and its Boats (£3)
- 24th Mar – Women in Art and Photography
- 31st Mar – Butterflies and the Environment (£3)
- 7th Apr – Floral Art
- 14th Apr – Migration of Birds
- 15th Apr – The Death of Charles II: how modern medicine may have changed history.
- 30th Jun – The Thames and its Boats(repeat)
- 4th Mar Drifting Continents- Geology
- 4th Mar The Wonders of the World, old & new
- 4th Mar Cyber Security, Stating safe on-line
- 8th Mar Leonardo De Vinci. Would he have made a good u3a member?
- 8th Mar Egyptology: Women in Ancient Egypt
- 17th Mar FIRE-A Century of the Volunteer Fire Brigade
- 22nd Mar Springtime Treats – Vegetarian
- 25th Mar Paradigm of Plate Tectonics – Geology
- 31st Mar Where did our old favourite plants come from?
MirthyTalks are offering a FREE talk every Thursday which is open to U3A members to join in.
The talks are viewed from the comfort and safety of your own home, so click on the link below to register for the talk – there will be a live Q&A with the speaker and a chance to interact with other attendees by typing comments in a chat box.
After registering for an event, you will receive an email containing a link to attend the talk. Talks are between 30 mins and 45 mins long
- 4th Mar 4.00 pm – The Devil’s Daughter and Me
- 11th Mar 4.00 pm – The London no-body tells you about
- 18th Mar 4.00 pm – Morecombe & Wise
- 25th Mar 4.00 pm – Tibetan Journey
The link above will also show you other talks for which a fee (about £3 per machine) is charged.
The Centres at the Bowl Centre run by the Aylesbury and surrounds GPs and the Odeon run by the local pharmasists are both up and running. Your G will contact you and and offer you the opportunity to book an appointment at the Bowls Centre or you may get a letter from the National NHS offering you the opportunity to book an appointment at one of the National Centres or one of the pharmacy run centres e.g. the Odeon. The GPs seem to issuing their invites by priority group in alphabetical order..
Beware Scammers at Large
Unfortunately there are still scammers at large trying to take the opportunity to get cash or your personal details during this difficult time. They have gone to great lengths to make their website look very much like an official NHS one. Remember the NHS has all the personal information about you that they need so will not ask you to ‘verify’ yourself by asking for bank details, passport details etc.
Some more details on the BBC Website
The latest episode of u3a radio is out on this YouTube channel now. Interviews include a Barnet u3a member who featured in Britain’s Got Talent, two members who created a course on how to retire with attitude, and a chef from Vegetarian for Life who has been doing virtual cookery demonstrations to u3a members.
Peter Harding found this very interesting article from Spain giving a simple explanation of the ways and risks of the different scenarios for the spread of the virus . It is well worth a look